Musicians Movement Professional Association Charter
When signing up for a free membership to the Musicians’ Movement Professional Association, you hereby agree to abide by the following, to the best of your ability:
- To be kind and courteous to other members of the Musicians’ Movement Professional Association. We are uniting, to work together in order to protect and improve the rights of performing musicians across the sector. Discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated.
- To maintain and develop positive relationships in relation to Musicians’ Movement activity and if necessary, to highlight any potential negative impact their actions may have on the Professional Association immediately after the situation arises.
- To protect and promote the interests of any performing musicians that they represent to the highest possible standard.
- To be committed to absolute transparency with all performance colleagues and industry team members (managers, booking agents, record labels etc.) in relation to their dealings that concern the third party colleague.
- To not act in any fashion that is detrimental to their fellow performing musicians and conduct themselves in a professional, ethical manner in line with the ‘best practices’ of the industry as defined by the guidance given by the Incorporated Society of Musicians, Musicians’ Union and Musicians’ Movement.
- To not engage in any acts of sexual harassment including unwanted, unwelcome or uninvited behaviour of a sexual nature, which makes a person feel offended, humiliated or intimidated.
- To actively encourage and strive for proportional diversity, equality and inclusion across the music sector.
- To make reasonable efforts to address any issues around mental health and wellbeing (including issues such as substance abuse) relating to their performance colleagues, or team members. The Musicians’ Movement advises the Member to signpost colleagues towards Help Musicians’ when said issues become apparent.
- Where appropriate, to use the legally approved contract templates and agreed minimum fees supported by the Incorporated Society of Musicians, or the Musicians’ Union.
- Where possible, to actively engage and contribute to the development of the Musicians’ Movement Performers Association in order to protect and improve the rights of performing musicians.